Sunday, June 19, 2005

Procrastination: Without you, I'd actually be working

Okay, it should come as no surprise to anyone now that I am very easily distracted from working. The board flying through my window at high velocity (see Adventures in Renovation) was a legitimate distraction, but trust me, pretty much anything can derail me from my good intentions to get some writing done. I spent a few minutes Friday trying to decide if the piece of lint on my carpet was lint or a dead bug. And then, after that, well, I figured, I might as well pour myself some wine and watch re-runs of the Daily Show, since my day was already shot.

I know that many of you aspiring writers are in the same boat, so when I find a really rewarding pocrasintation past time, I feel I have to share.

If you blog-readers haven't heard of Jason Mulgrew, please go to his site immediately. It's the funniest thing I have read in a long while. He was actually featured in People Magazine this week, which is a welcome change from the TomKat/Brangelina news (They're all more exposed than Elizabeth Berkely in Showgirls).

And even if you don't like Jason Mulgrew's site, believe me, it sure beats inspecting carpet lint. Happy procrastinating!