Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's Amazing I Don't Weigh 500 Pounds

Okay, I just got some very disturbing news. No, Tom Cruise didn't announce that he's going to make Scientology membership a requirement for seeing all of his future movies. It's much worse.

Margaritas - perhaps one of the best inventions known to mankind next to penicillin - is REALLY FATTENING. I realize, this is probably obvious to most of you. And I know I didn't think drinking 'ritas was like chugging a Slimfast for obvious reasons, but I also didn't realize it had 740 calories.

Forbes ranked it as the second fattest cocktail next to Long Island Iced Teas. This means I'll have to find a new favorite cocktail, I suppose, given that I'm fond of having more than one at a sitting.

By the way, for anyone interested in weight loss in general (not myself, obviously, since I had no idea cocktails could have more calories than Snickers' bars) should read the very candid and very funny memoir "I'm Not the New Me" by Wendy McClure. She's a fellow Chicagoian, but I don't know her, so it's not like she's promised me fat-free margaritas or anything as a bribe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

740 calories?! Great, I should have just attached the 1 I drank on Friday to my hips... It wasn't even a small, one I had to go do the JUMBO rita so what's that like 1480 calories? How depressing...ok I need to go to the gym right now. (Right after I have a snack.) :)

Cherlyn Michaels said...

Oh, please tell me you're kidding! I'm not a margurita fan, but I do partake in an occasional Long Island Iced Tea every now and then. Okay, next time, I'm just going to have to not eat anything all day long, then drink one...