Monday, February 13, 2006

Freedom Fries, Supersized

Okay, so I should tell you about how I wowed them at the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles Saturday, where I gave a reading and signing for Dixieland Sushi. And by "wowed" I mean that I totally impressed the dozens of relatives who showed up (Second, Third, and even cousins of cousins were there).

But, frankly, the big news is that I finally, at long last, sampled the famous In and Out Burger. You can see where my priorities are. And yes, that's me in the picture below caught by Dad in mid-squat urgently focused on finding some ketchup. You see, I'm very focused when there are french fries around, and I don't care about much else, including how bad my hair is. Next to me is Grandma Mitzi, and across from me is my Stepmom Patty.

By the way, I was not alone in my pilgrimage to In and Out Burger. The line for the drive through (not pictured here) had 35 cars in it. Not kidding. 35! And I thought White Castle was bad at two in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday. It was great to see everybody!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, In N Out!! I am so craving that right now and wish I were in California! Mmm. So how'd you like it - as good as it was built up to be? Glad the signing went well, too.

Anonymous said...

I love In-N-Out! I had a business trip to San Jose for 6 days once, I ate at In-N-Out on 4 of them! I wish it was in airports - I'd like it to be the first thing I have when reaching In-N-Out country and the last thing before I leave...can I get a Double-Double Animal Style with fries, please?

Anonymous said...

I'm not commenting about your entry, but to say I am SO excited that "I do (but I don't)" is on lifetime tonight at 7pm! I've read the book (obviously), and I can't wait to see the movie! I have it set to tape, too, just in case I get distracted by schoolwork (which is frequent). I just thought I'd write and tell you how happy I am that your book is on the big screen!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cara! When we went to LA for the Rose Bowl last month, the Tanamachi clan brought us In and Out Burger for BREAKFAST one day. Crazy Californians.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... didrex low cost airline ticket search engine optimization mail order pharmacy didrex Management of submandibular cellulitis md tax maps Epiphone acoustic guitar model number ft-175

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »