Friday, May 29, 2009

Ah, Friday

It's Friday and I'm still swamped with work...Arrgh... This is the secret about being a full-time writer. Sure, you can work in your PJs, but you don't really get weekends or holidays off (not to mention no maternity leave - last time, I got two weeks!). I'm particularly crabby near deadlines, which is because I'm a procastinator. Give me ten months to write a novel, and I'll probably save most of the heavy lifting for the last three.

So, I'm still working on the edits for Can't Teach An Old Demon New Tricks (the sequel to Every Demon Has His Day), but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel (to quote my Dad, I'm just hoping it's not an oncoming train. Dad was not so good at the inspirational speeches).

Anyway, for those of you well-versed in the laws of the Cara Lockwood universe you know I'm a slave to self-promotion, and anybody who is willing to heap praise on me will get a mention here. I'm the subject of a summer beach read blog -

check it out:

http://firstnovelsclub.blogspot.com/2009/05/beach-season-beginsyou-know-what-that.html

It's a fab summary of my body of work and a nice reminder that if you've read one of my books, there are still seven more, so what are you waiting for? Buy another one. My mortgage isn't going to pay itself. Ahem. Just kidding. Kind of.

Anyway, I wish the rest of you a very happy weekend! See? I can be generous even when I'm crabby about deadlines. That's just the kind of person I am - self-promoting, but polite. Mom is so proud.

1 comment:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Hey Cara! It's Frankie from the First Novels Club! Just wanted to drop in and say hey! And thanks for linking back to us:-) You're awesome!