Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The '80s Strike Back

As a person with an unhealthy fixation on the '80s (it's no accident every other chapter in Dixieland Sushi is a flashback to my favorite decade), I think this year is going to be the year of the '80s remake. There are two remakes of classic '80s shows headed to a movie screen near you: "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "Miami Vice."

I think everybody has heard about "Dukes of Hazzard." You can't open a single issue of Us Weekly without hearing something about Jessica Simpson's short-shorts and/or her alleged frollicking with Fred Durst.

Anyway, check out these photos of Colin Farrell as Crockett (courtesy of the Colin Farrell Fan Site):



Ah, Colin. I love you, but what is with the black socks and tan shoes? Anyway, this promises to be an interesting movie. Michael Mann is directing, so it's not going to be your typical remake.

And will there be speedboats? Oh yes, there will be:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm SO excited to read your new book Dixieland Sushi, because not only did I LOVE the last book I read by you (I do, but I don't) but I am also a multi-racial chic, who was raised in the south. (My dad is third generation Japanese-American and my mom was born and raised in Louisianna) I don't have any real memories of the 80's except getting dressed up by my big sister in leggings and acid washed skirts, and letting her crimp my hair. What a sight we were!

caralockwood said...

Hi Amy!

So glad you liked Dixieland Sushi. And, I'll admit - I did wear lots of acid wash in the '80s. And I'm not sure my hair has yet recovered from the crimping iron or the hair spray.

Thanks again for posting a comment.

Cara

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Black shemale movie xxx movies nissan brake rotors best sports betting game Bontril 105mg capsule Bisaccia breast enlargement after liposuction t Omaha suzuki sv motorcycle club irving texas high school Temperate grassland flower picture Herbal supplements overdose Adipex+price+comparison inexpensive maternity clothes