Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I went to the beach and all you got was this dumb post

Okay, folks, I have some bad or good news, depending on how you look at it. I am getting on a plane tomorrow and going to the Massachusetts shore to frolic in the Atlantic Ocean with my husband and his family. In all likelihood, this means I won't be posting for the rest of the week, because I have a lot of drunken sunbathing to catch up on, and I think you haven't lived into you've gotten a skin cancer scare.

But if you get really, really desperate for a Cara Lockwood fix and you live in or near Hingham, Massachusetts, swing by my book signing Thursday. Yes, I'm so committed to shameless self-promotion that I've actually scheduled a book signing on my vacation. Can you say "tax write-off"?

Anyway, if you come, you'll get to meet my hubby and my in-laws. I suspect they'll be the ones with the sunburn and the fruity drinks in their hands, heckling me to hurry up so we can get back to imitating beached whales.

For now, I have to go back to helping my husband pack. Left to his own devices, he's like a toddler. He'll pack his favorite shirt and lots of candy.