Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Made For TV

I've gotten a couple of questions about movies, specifically whether Pink Slip Party or Dixieland Sushi will be made into a movie. Of course, "I Do (But I Don't)" was made into a Lifetime Original Movie starring Denise Richards and Dean Cain, both of whom are now my best friends and we vacation together in Cannes swapping stories about how people hate us because we're so damn gorgeous, rich and famous (okay, the last part was a total lie, but they did star in the Lifetime movie and I did have conversations with them that lasted about 10 minutes).

Anyway, here's the scoop on Pink Slip Party - my agent pitched it to Lifetime, but they decided they weren't comfortable with some of the criminal acts in the book, including Jane breaking and entering. Apparently, crimes on Lifetime have to involve stalking, a deranged ex-girlfriend with a knife or a husband leading a double life.

And we pitched Dixieland Sushi to a movie agent who didn't like it because it sounded too much, in his opinion, like "The Wedding Date." This is the movie about the woman who pays a guy to be her date to her sister's wedding. I'm not sure about the similarities between Dixieland Sushi (Japanese family in the South, Mr. Miyagi quotes and '80s flashbacks) with The Wedding Date (Mean-spirited family, bad dialogue and improbably sexy gigolo), but maybe this is because I'm not creative enough to work in Hollywood.

So, there you have it. No plans of yet to make any more movies, but not for lack of trying. And believe me, you guys will be the first to know if there is. I'm not one to be shy about self-promotion (see my entire website).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the people at Lifetime passed on the opportunity to make 'Pink Slip Party' into a movie. Are they nuts or what? Everyone I've pitched the book to really liked the plot (and unlike me, they are all Lifetime addicts). Let's not give up. How about the Oxygen channel? Clearly the people who run it have no morals (see 'Sex Talk'). I hope all your books are turned into movies. Good luck with that!

P. S. At your recommendation, I picked up 'Love Monkey' by Kyle Smith and 'Sleeping Over' by Stacy Ballis. I had a hard time getting into 'Love Monkey' and had to put it down. I am a few chapters into 'Sleeping Over' and it is really good (not as good as your books but so far very entertaining).

caralockwood said...

Hi Terri!

Great idea about the Oxygen channel. I'll definitely pass that idea along to my agent.

And I'm sorry Love Monkey didn't go so well. I liked it because it gave us the guy's perspective, but let's face it, sometimes the guy perspective just isn't as interesting as our perspective.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 1997 buick century banks that offer residential mortgages nationally Pain relief used prior to inguinal hernia surgery 2001 ford windstar minivan feb- chrysler country town Mini face lift photos Collectors chrysler 300d Antidepressants that make you gain weight http://www.vulnerability-cisco-wlse.info/laser_tattoo_removal_palate.html harrisburg moving companies international

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Good hockey fights black angels sex