Friday, July 08, 2005

The Return of Riley?

Tiffany said...

As a fellow blogger, you'll have to forgive me for this ridiculously "late" comment, but I finished Dixieland last night at around, oh...2 a.m.

*sigh* I loved Riley, and I love your sense of humor! I'll be out looking for your other books tonight. I hope to see those characters in another story in the future.


First off, thanks, Tiffany, for the compliments - and I didn't even have to pay you (yet) - you're swell, and I mean it.

Second, about Riley. I love him, too. I've heard quite a lot of rumblings out there about Riley-crushes, and I have to say, I agree. I'm with you. I'm the president of the Riley fan club.

I'd love to bring him (and Jen) back for a sequel. I haven't yet pitched the idea to my editor, but I would love to have a story about them meeting his parents, because you know if they're half as interesting as he is, it's going to make for a fun story.

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep posted. Have a great weekend, everybody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara!!

Just watched the "I Do (But I Don't)" DVD courtesy of Netflix (what a great service!) and thought it was cute! Book was better, as they usually are, but this movie was way better than the one everyone compares it to, J-Lo's ultra-lame "The Wedding PLanner." That movie I couldn't even finish watching, but yours was thoroughly enjoyable. Now I'm going to have to reread the book! I picked up on a lot of stuff that was changed but I"m sure there's more I don't even remember. Also saw your commentary on the DVD, which was cute. And no, you didn't look like a troll like you said on your website!

Any plans to make either of your other books into movies? Particularly Pink Slip Party, as that was my favorite. If not, I shall have to lobby for it!

And how come on your website there's no mention of the New Year's complilation your short story was in?? That story was cute and I read the book right before 2005 began - got me in the festive mood!

By the way, I love your blog. Read it regularly and you're so funny writing it! Passes the time while I wait for the next book...

caralockwood said...

Hi Sara!

Thanks for the kind words. You're the best!

And I have to say, I love you for saying you didn't like The Wedding Planner. I know that's evil of me to say, but well, all my friends and family know that J.Lo is my nemesis (although my husband says I can't technically have a nemesis if she doesn't know I exist). Basically, I finished "I Do (But I Don't)," sent it off to agents and then saw the trailer for The Wedding Planner. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get published and that I had wasted a year and a half of work. After I spent a few days in the fetal position, I discovered that my publisher was still interested in "I Do (But I Don't)" and well, you know how the rest worked out. But, I still can't bring myself to watch The Wedding Planner.

As far as other movie news, none yet on either of the other two books, although that could change. I'll definitely keep you posted if anything new happens, though. Thanks again for posting!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »