Sunday, October 02, 2005

Done and Done-r

So, after a mammoth cram-fest I have finally finished the draft my new book, I Did (But I Wouldn't Now)."

This means I don't have to run off to Argentina with my book advance, as I had so feared. It's a good thing, too, because I don't speak Spanish.

More importantly, this also means that I *might* once again have a life that doesn't involve being attached to my laptop 24/7. I'll be sending the draft to my editor (the divine Lauren McKenna) tomorrow, and I'll wait patiently for her comments (read: slack mercilessly and catch up on all that good Vh-1 programming I've been missing).

And of course, I'll be starting my next book. It's a slight deviation from past works. It's a teen book (or YA if you're into that hip publishing lingo). It doesn't "officially" have a title yet, but it's about a bunch of misfits who are sent away to a boarding school for trouble teens called Bard Academy. But before I do, I'll be letting my muscles atrophy on the couch for the next ten hours. I plan not to get up except to get snacks.

By the way, congratulations to Carrie, Shannon, Janice, and Sara. Their generous Red Cross donations have won them signed copies of "I Do (But I Wouldn't Now)." Instant karma! Thanks for donating guys. You're the best.