Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Let's Party Like It's 1999

Every so often, I get to leave the house. It's one of those rare moments when I actually change out of my pajamas and see sunlight. Ah, Vitamin D, I've missed you.

This Friday, I'll be leaving the house for a soiree at my friend Beth K's house. Now, for those of you who don't know, Bethie is the best hostess on the planet. She throws parties that put pre-jail Martha Stewart to shame. Case in point: she once threw an Asian-food theme party where she made (from scratch) her own potstickers, egg rolls and fortune cookies. That's right - HOMEMADE fortune cookies.

She owns every gadget ever made by Williams- Sonoma, and she actually knows what they're for - unlike me. I get confused with microwave popcorn directions.

Beth also happens to be one of my best friends in the world. Who else would pick up my book at Borders, put on a waterworks show fitting of an Oscar nomination, and cry to everyone in the vicinity, "My friend wrote this book. Look! There's my name in the acknowledgements. You have to buy this book! Buy it! Buy it now!" I swear she's responsible for at least half of my book sales.

The shindig this Friday celebrates Dixieland Sushi. It's a hen party - girls only - which means we can be total pigs. Stay tuned for goofball pictures...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara!

I just bought Dixieland Sushi, and I can't wait to read it.

I actually just finished Pink Slip Party, and I feel in love with Jane. I was wondering if you would consider writing any more books with Jane as a character?

Thanks, and I love your books!

Anonymous said...

hmmm. . . I meant to say I "fell" in love with Jane. That sounded weird:)

caralockwood said...

Hi Sarah!

I love Jane. She's one of my favorite characters. I would love to write more about her. Unfortunately, "Pink Slip Party" didn't sell quite as well as "I Do (But I Don't)," so I think the only way I could sell my editor on it is if Pink Slip Party miraculously found a second life. But never say never. Jane could be back. I'd like nothing more than to give her some new adventures.

Thanks for writing, Sarah!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.